Chocolate Chip Blondies
🐣 Anyone looking to do some Easter baking who’s vegan / gluten free / refined sugar free - I gotchuuuu 🤗
Simple and quick to make, just mix the wet and dry ingredients, then bake; ready within 25 mins
1.5 cups gluten free flour (I use @scharglutenfree Universal Mix it)
9 tbsps coconut sugar (I’ve also tried it with erythritol)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cornflour
Pinch salt (~1/8th tsp salt)
1/2 tbsp (1.5 tsp) vanilla extract
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
3 tbsps maple syrup
1/2 cup (8 tbsp) oat milk (or any plant milk of your choice)
1 flax egg (1 tbsp milled flaxseeds + 2.5tbsp water)
1/4 cup chocolate drops &/ white choc inside
Vegan smarties & mini eggs on top - I used Doisy and Dam (or any chocolate of your choice - perhaps use your Easter eggs!)*
*P.S. Although the recipe is refined sugar free (the chocolate inside from this shoot is not) but you could use low sugar alternatives like Pure Heavenly or The Raw Chocolate Company
1. Preheat the oven to 180° centigrade (fan)
2. Mix the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
3. Combine the wet ingredients in a separate bowl or jug.
4. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients
5. Stir in the chocolate drops or white chocolate chunks (or both!)
6. Pour the mixture into a baking tin measuring ~20x20cm. If you don’t have one this size you can scrunch some foil to turn it from a square to a rectangle which is what I do!
7. Top with chocolate of your choice, I used vegan smarties and mini eggs from Doisy and Dam, but you can use whatever chocolate you have / feel like! (perhaps even your Easter egg!)
8. Bake at 180° centigrade (fan) for 15-18 mins. If you like it gooey, bake for ~15 and if you like it more of a cake texture then bake for 18-20 minutes.
Note that if you like it gooey, it will seem almost under baked when it comes out and be very “cookie doughy”, however once it cools after ~3 hours it retains a lovely texture. If you like it more of a cake texture, remember it will harden further after it has cooled for several hours/the next day. (I don’t like cake texture so have preferred making it gooey and then enjoying it for several days later, but when I’ve baked it for longer my partner loves more of a cake texture and really enjoys them even when they’ve cooled and hardened up - so it’s totally a matter of preference and how quickly they’ll be eaten)
#blondies #plantbased #veganblondies #plantbasedblondies #sugarfreeblondies #easterblondies #easterbaking #easterbakes #easter2021 #easterrecipes #simpleeasterrecipes #easteractivity #chocolateblondies #gooeyblondies #healthyblondies #chronicillness #chronicillnessrecipes #chronicillnessbaking #chronicpain #refinedsugarfree #glutenfree #wellness #healthyfood #doisyanddam #easterveganrecipes #easyrecipes #allergies #MCAS #sweetrecipes #positivelychronictravels