Creamy Truffle Gnocchi
Quick & easy, vegan, gluten free, ultra comforting and super nutritious
Just one frying pan needed (which means less washing up). I always like to wash up before I even eat so that I can relax and digest
SERVES 1 (Main Course)
3/4 cup gnocchi (I chose gluten free)
3/4 cup frozen peas
~100g firm tofu
Truffle Infused Olive Oil (or regular olive oil if you don’t have this)
A handful / ~7 florets tenderstem broccoli
2 tbsp (vegan) cream cheese
2 tbsp nutritional yeast
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Wash and slice the broccoli into pieces ~1 inch long. Add ~125ml water to a frying pan and on a high heat sauté the broccoli for ~2 minutes until the water has evaporated. Once evaporated let the broccoli rest in your serving bowl.
2. Slice the tofu into even cubes. Add a drizzle truffle infused olive oil to the pan and fry on a high heat for ~2 mins turning regularly until golden
3. Add the frozen peas and continue to cook on a high heat for ~2 mins
4. Add the gnocchi.
* Depending on the cooking instructions on the gnocchi this step will vary. If the gnocchi cooking instructions give the option to fry, then add to the pan with a small drizzle more olive oil continuously turning for another ~2 minutes until golden and crispy on the outside. If the gnocchi instructions say only to boil (which mine did this time round) then add ~150ml water to the pan and simmer on a high heat until the water evaporates (took me approx ~2 mins).
5. On a low heat, melt in 2 tbsp cream cheese (vegan if you are dairy free)
6. Stir in 2 tbsp nutritional yeast. Add some salt and pepper at this stage (to taste)
7. Mix the broccoli back in and heat it back up with the rest of the meal, then pour into your serving bowl
8. Top with extra salt, truffle oil and nutritional yeast and enjoy immediately!
Ultra quick, simple, one pan, nutritious, packed with a delicious balance of protein, veggies and carbohydrates all for a 10 minute, spoonie friendly meal
PS. If you want to make the gnocchi from scratch, I have created a recipe here (no need for the vibrant colours using the superfood powders though!)
#gnocchi #creamygnocchi #vegangnocchi #potatopasta #plantbased #vegan #10minutedinner #10minutemeal #quickmeal #quickandeasy #quickandeasymeal #spoonie #spooniefriendly #spooniefriendlymeal #readyin10 #simple #healthy #health #wellness #goodness #nutritious #nutritiousgnocchi #chronicillness #chronicwellness #freefrom #glutenfree #freefromrecipes #truffle #trufflegnocchi #chronicillnessfoodie #onepanmeal #onepan #onepanpasta #onepangnocchi #veganuary